Do you kill your nail profit?
Nail salons and nail technicians are often caught in thinking nails are all they do. This kind of thinking limits nail technicians and allows them to offer the typical nail services to their customers. Nail salons and nail technicians are part of a larger industry. This larger industry is beauty. Yes, the beauty industry! The beauty industry is warm and thriving and if you do not take advantage of this huge industry, you leave a lot of money on the table. This beauty world opens up many extra income streams and ways to make money as nail technicians!
Yet many nail technicians do not use this industry and kill their profits. They virtually give away business and money that can be theirs! Let us examine some ways that nail technicians can create paths in their business that lead to lower incomes and fewer customers.
Top 5 mistakes nail technicians and nail salons do and how to avoid them
1. Focus more on learning Nail Art Designs and Application than sales and marketing. Believe it or not, Sales and Marketing should be a strong focus, just like nail design and application. It doesn't matter if you are the hottest nail artist in town, if you don't have enough customers to keep you in business, you won't make the kind of money you want. A nail technique that knows that Sales and Marketing will grow and earn more money than nail technology that is only good at nail designs, applications, pedicures and manicures!
2. Do not survive on services. To survive and keep customers coming back to see you. You have to be different and offer services that other nail technicians and nail salons are not. Every nail salon in town does manicure in the same way practically. What can you do to make your manicure different? Always go the extra mile to give your customers more than they expected. This keeps customers back to you and doesn't go anywhere else to get there nails done.
3. Don't create a customer Loyalty program. The best way to thank your customers and keep them back comes with a customer loyalty program. For example, a punch card offering the 10th visit offers free or discounted a great way to say "thank you" for being a loyal customer and coming back! Customers love free stuff! So, it makes one thing to continue to reward them for their loyalty to your business.
4. Do not get contact information for each customer. For each customer as a spike-technical service, there should be a customer card that highlights their name, telephone number and e-mail address. This information is valuable to you, as it is your way to stay in touch with your customers, promote special offers, events, products and tips on nail care. Having contact information keeps you healthy in his mind and comes back to see you for his beauty needs.
5. Do not offer resale. If your services are good. Then the customer has to spend more on each visit not be difficult to do! By offering free services in the beauty industry such as eyebrow waxing and lip waxing can greatly improve your bottom. (Make sure you search for license requirements if you enter these types of services in your state). You can also come in to wear some fine jewelry jewelry, skin and craft products and much more! Keep it simple, just some great things to improve your bottom and make your customers spend more on each visit.
While these are just a few profit killers, there are many more ways to kill your winnings. Like not keeping up with the latest beauty news and techniques, not continuing education, and not paying attention to health problems and more! Knowing what to avoid will keep you ahead of the game and keep the money in your business consistent!
The nail care industry is warm right now and if approaching right you can make a lot of money on what you love to do – Nails! If you want to be successful and have a rewarding career as a nail technique, you do not make these mistakes, they can hurt your business and your bottom.